Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Predictable

I mean really, what did you think I would pick?

Flowers?

Nah!

001.JPG

It's the Snow Queen Baby Sack.

Pattern: Simplicity 5720

Fabric: "Light Blue Blizzard"

Notes: An easy-peasey pattern for even the beginner sewist.

It's funny, when I was pregnant with Chunky, I had just received The Beast from my Mom,, and I had planned to make him a sno-snoot out of fleece, I got as far as cutting it out, and never finished it. It was nowhere near as easy as this pattern was!

I only made one modification--did you see it?

It's the hole under the zipper.

I made a 2" slit on the front and back right below the zipper, because while these sno-snoots are cute, they're not really easy to transport your kid around in.

002.JPG

Don't worry. Our little snow princess will still get to see her day in the black floral fleece.

I figured I would use the blue blizzard fleece up first because I miss snow, and she's going to fit this thing for all of two seconds before she outgrows it, or it shoots up to 70 degrees in April.

Don't laugh. It's supposed to get up to 50 degrees next week.

In JANUARY.

Marie Grace sent me a lot of different baby/toddler patterns when she sent me this pattern--I'm sure combined with what I have on hand in my pattern stash myself, I'll be able to make Baby Bez 3.0 a cute little fall jacket she'll get more wear out of for the fall/early winter from the black floral fleece!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a really cute! Put Bez 3.0 in it and it will be HEAD EXPLODING CUTE!!!

Love, Mom

7:38 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

The hole is a great idea! I stopped using those sno snoots because of the car seat issue. We had one with legs. What a pita to try to get those squirmy little legs into pants.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

I love blue snowflakes disproportionately, and my mother is trying to gather enough to make the whole house blue around the holidays... although, flowers on black fleece is also a fave of mine. Very adorable!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Adorable! I agree that the hole is a great idea. Baby Bez is lucky to have a mom who can make her so many beautiful handmade things.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

that's precious! All those patterns should have that little carseat slit, clever mod!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

When Bez 3.0 is a little bigger I have some super cute patterns I just found. I obviously had grand plans for sewing for PeeWee that I never quite got around to, oops.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Oh good, 'cause some of us only have boys and get to see NO pink/flowers at all! Until the only girl cousin comes round, when we get blinded by the pink. Oy!
I cannot wait to see the Bezzification of your daughter :0)

8:32 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

That's awesome. And one of my favorite things about polarfleece is that it does not ravel. At all.

and Mother Nature is completely and totally off her meds. It's 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 17, and it's 42 degrees outside in Pittsburgh. This is just not right.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

This weather is bizarre. I am sick of it. I never know if I need a winter coat or a raincoat. In january. WTELF?

8:40 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

P.S. If you have any of the blue snowflake fabric left over, you should sew a hat to match the snowsuit.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Looks great! As a beginner at sewing, perhaps I will give this pattern a shot!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Great job!!! I love the fabric!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

So cute! I love that fabric. I've been wanting to try one of those (I know a few preggo peeps), so if you say the pattern is easy, maybe I should check it out.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home