Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Whoosh!

That's the sound of yet another drive-by post.

Things have just been insane lately.

Work and a nice little bug that has been working it's way around the household are mainly to blame.

So let's do the quickie wrap up--

First, a round up of the awesome presents my Mom and Youngest Younger Sister got me for Christmas:

003.JPG

Black Alpaca Lace from Mom!

002.JPG

004.JPG

My Youngest Younger Sister went on her belated honeymoon (wait, honeymoon? What's that?) to Australia. There she got me the above yarn and Polwarth roving. Love it!

She got a great story out of it too--apparently they had really hoped to see a kangaroo in the wild. By the time they got around to stopping by this fiber store checking out the wool--the proprietress asked them how their trip was going and they mentioned this one regret to her. She told them to hold on a second.

She went to the back of the store.

When she came out--she had a little joey wrapped up in a towel!

Apparently she's got a permit to rehabilitate orphaned kangaroos. Too cute!

I also didn't realize that kangaroos are like the deer of the Lower 48--you see them as roadkill on the side of the road all the time. Huh!

Moving on, here's what I did this weekend---

006.JPG

We went to Chunky's football banquet. Not sure why they had it so late after the season has ended, but there he is "being modest" with his little trophy. All the kids got one.

They said everyone who finished the season got one. Because apparently finishing what you started these days is an awardable feat. Whatever, it was fun and one of his coaches sat at our table had nothing but good things to say about Chunky even though his season was cut way too short.

And how can I forget the Cookie of the Week?

012.JPG

Mmmm! A chewy coconut oatmeal cookie!

Not sure if it's the "cold" weather but I've been on a big oatmeal cookie kick lately.

And finally--and update on the latest addition to our family: Trevor!

012

He's a snuggler! YESSSSS!

I love Squeaky and Happy Feet, but they're not lap cats. Not like my dearly departed Springs was.

While Trevor will never fill the spot on my lap that my Springsy did, he certainly comes close!

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger ccr in MA said...

Hooray for yarny presents and lap cats!

7:01 PM  
Blogger grandmastatus said...

Lovely gifts! Thank you for sharing :) I loved that story about the kangaroo. ♥

oh and when I was a kid I got a trophy for playing baseball...when I quit halfway through the season and refused to leave the bench. (!)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Awww, Trevor is too cute! My cat is so not a lap cat, or even much affectionate at all, unless she's hungry. Then she'll start purring to get my attention. I always say she's like a teenager - ornery and ungrateful, until she wants something!

The yarn is beautiful. And hopefully Chunky will get to finish all of next football season with no mishaps.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! you didn't ask for the story behind the lace yarn....Someone at work asked me to fix a cashmere sweater they had gotten at a second hand store for a song, I only used one of the lengths that was tied around the skein. So I had a Christmas present for you!!!

Hmmmmmm. I don't see Trevor on your lap....So the truth comes out Dr. MS wanted a lap cat!!!

Before you know it Chunky will have a whole shelf full of trophies!

Love, Mom

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Emma said...

The only kangaroo I saw on my visit to Australia was roadkill. Feet up on the side of the freeway. Would have preferred a cute blanket-wrapped joey.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

I am green with envy for your trevor - he's so beautiful :0) Love the Joey story too - have a great day, Ms Bez

5:16 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

It has to actually get cold for me to think of oatmeal cookies. 64 degrees in January is NOT winter.

7:15 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

aww, welcome to the family, Trevor! Trevor is an awesome cat name.

have you spun polwarth before? it's one of my favorites. so bouncy and it loves to poof up after a bath!

8:45 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Trevor is so pretty! How old is he? I'm still hoping Alice become a lap cat, but so far, she's not.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Recipe...? Your sister should do a guest-post. I would love to hear about her honeymoon in Australia.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Oh geez- roadkill? That's not how I want to see a kangaroo either.

Trevor looks like a lovely lap cat

7:16 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Sucks your sister didn't see any kangaroos (and yeah, lots of roadkill... Same with wombats - it took two years before I saw one alive). Where abouts did your sister visit?

12:12 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Love your treats!

I love the trophy....he will have a whole shelf for sure before you know it! It is too bad his season was cut short. He'll enjoy his next season so much I am sure.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home