Friday, February 24, 2012

Choke On This

The other part of my 3 day weekend involved ending some waffling and starting some waffling.

We had waffled about the idea of buying a small chest freezer for the kitchen. I say small--it's 5.0 cubic feet. It seems small because I grew up with one of those humongous ones that you could put a body in.

The "freezer choking" death of our circa 1983 refrigerator pushed out of the waffling stage.

002

Oh she's a beauty!

I had to fill her up immediately with 6 gallon freezer bags of waffles for the boys--banana, blueberry and bacon cheddar.

Yes, I might have gone a little crazy.

And then perhaps, because tempering eggs and cream no longer makes me nauseous, I might have made two quarts of chocolate peanut butter cup key lime pie (one quarter of each) to fill the freezer as well.

Don't worry, there's healthy chicken boobs and frozen veggies in there too!

Because growing babies love boobs and broccoli.

012

Our 35 week ultrasound picture. Next time we see her, it will be for real!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

I totally want a little freezer like that too....

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha!!! You said "Chicken Boobs"!!!

That is the size of the freezer that we have now! I traded the big body holder for it. And I think that that thing could have held two or three bodies!!

Can't wait to see that Little Girl!!

Love, Mom

11:38 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cool little freezer! Cheddar waffles sound delicious (well all of them do ;) Yay for almost Baby Bez 3.0!

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

She's so cute! I can't wait to see her, she looks just like a Bezzie!

7:58 AM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

I don't know what I want more: waffles or to see my new neice!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

You are one energetic pregnant lady!

Never had cheddar bacon waffles, but those sound good. Chicken is my favorite meat, but thinking about "chicken boobs" - that kind of ruins chicken for me, LOL!

Here's hoping the next few weeks go by quickly and easily for you!

4:09 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I have never been able to get waffles out of my waffle iron (which I think I must have given to Goodwill when I moved). I've always blamed the waffle iron, not me!

And Baby Girl Bez is so cute!

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy...waffles.

I need a smaller freezer. The one we have is a big one that my parents brought for us from your Grandpa Riley when he owned the Western Auto store. Probably not an energy star appliance.

Watch out world...Baby Girl Bez is almost here!!

Love, Aunt Susan

8:12 AM  
Blogger Cindy in (un) Happy Valley said...

Just can't wait......the resemblance is remarkable!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I love my freezer.

And I love the quality of the ultrasounds these days. When I was last pregnant (my 'baby' is 22), you could hardly make out anything.

She's beautiful.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Awesome sono pic! I wish there had been 3D when Pi was born!

my parents have one of those freezers and swear by it!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home