Wednesday, February 22, 2012

FO Wednesday

Good grief.

I love and I hate four day weeks. It's great having Monday off, but it SUCKS when your employer tries to cram 5 days of work into 4 days.

Bah!

But here's what I accomplished in the knitting realm this weekend.

First up a little baby hat for Baby Bez 3.0.

019

I hope it fits her. But given the weather we're having this "winter" I don't think it's going to be a problem even if it fits her for just a microsecond.

Like the yarn?

I also spun that. It used to look like this:

004.JPG

That's the polwarth my Youngest Younger Sister gave me for Christmas from her trip to Australia last fall.

I love the way it spun up. The pink isn't too obscene and is tempered nicely by the blue. Perfect for a mother of two boys expecting her first girl!

Next up, the second knitted baby gift for a coworker.

At Scheister, Shafter, Conniver & Dodge, the law firm I work for, so far the Class of 2012 babies include 2 girls and 2 boys.

One is Baby Bez 3.0; one is the baby boy I made the Grandma's washcloth blanket out of that super soft yarn for a few posts back; there's a fellow secretary expecting a boy around the fourth of July; and finally our IT guy's wife is expecting a baby girl about a month after Baby Bez 3.0 shows up.

I didn't have the patience to knit IT Guy another baby blanket (nor did I have enough yarn).

So when I saw this pattern, I had to buy it.

001

Hee hee! Adorable!

I think this will be a big hit with IT Guy's wife. He said someone gifted them a knit blanket over the weekend and she couldn't get enough of it, and he couldn't wait to bring this little computer home to her.

I'm just excited to give it to someone who enjoys the value of a hand knit object!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger ccr in MA said...

That is awesome. What a perfect gift! And such a creative pattern.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Really cute projects! I love that computer!

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha!!! Those turned out cute!! I really like the mouse on the computer.

Love, Mom

11:15 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

that computer is adorable and the hat looks great too!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Haha, the keyboard! Awesome idea.
The hat will be cute. Baby's need warm heads, even in March ;0)

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute projects! I'm with everyone loving the computer! Love, Aunt Susan

8:29 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cute little hat for BB 3.0! That little computer is so cool too!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Both are so cute!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Perfect IT guy gift! Love that! It is so nice to give handmade things to people who understand the work put into them, hope they love that!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

That hat is so sweet! Love that you made it start to finish!

Haha, the knit computer is awesome!

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home