Sunday, February 05, 2012

Tres

Baby rambling today. If it's not your cup o'tea, you've been thoroughly warned!

Today marks week 33 of the incubation of Baby Bez 3.0.

And because she's our third kid, and I'm 33 years old, and it's the third trimester, I'll let you see a picture.

001

As of nearly 3 weeks ago I've only gained 9 lbs this pregnancy.

Also divisible by three. Ha ha!

Tell you what, this time around is so much easier than the other two.

With Chunky I didn't know what to expect.

With Moochie it had been so long since we had had Chunky it seemed like the first time all over again.

But this time with--ha ha--a little over a three year gap, it's not so bad.

I can still put on my shoes. I can still shave my legs (which given this "winter" we've been having means I am still getting some miles out of my maternity dresses). And I am still taking the stairs--all 100 of them every morning, and if I'm lucky again when I come back from lunch.

I am also still knitting.

Right now I've got a blanket on the needles for a girl at work who is technically due a week before me, but is being scheduled for a March 16th extraction.

I won't lie, the comparisons between her and I at work are getting quite tiresome.

I'm sick of hearing how big she is and how little I am.

I'm sick of hearing how she looks sooo uncomfortable and I look like I've got a "food baby" (which I guess is a term that insinuates I just look like I've eaten a large meal).

Just because we happen to be fertility buddies and happened to get laid around the same time doesn't mean we're identical.

She's having a boy; I'm having a girl. Now that I've carried both sexes I can say yes, they do carry different. I don't care if that's scientific or not.

I get the impression she's older than I am (or started working for her attorney when she was 13 years old...in which case we're the same age). Yes. That makes a difference. As I had Chunky at the age of 23 and now this one at 33, like it or not, age makes a difference!

She's built slightly different than me. Before we were pregnant, she carried her extra weight evenly spread all over.

Me? I'm a textbook pear. Big hips and ass.

And she's an inch or so shorter than me. And I'm only 5'2".

I'm not sure what it is that makes people think that because a woman is pregnant, it's a free pass to comment on her weight.

I personally try to stay away from it. I also try not to tell a pregnant woman she looks "cute."

Because those comments usually come at the end of your pregnancy when you're ready to just be done and have your little body-hijacker out of you. "Cute" is no how one feels!

Ok, sorry, that was a little bitchy. Can I blame the pregnancy? Ha ha!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Andey Layne said...

I'm 30 weeks with #3, although I waited a decade after #2. (My oldest will be a college freshman when this one starts kindergarten. OMG)

I told someone at work last week that if they continued their sentence (about the enormousness of my belly) that I was going to punch them. I've gained 18 lbs. I am NOT ENORMOUS, thank you. I'm measuring right on target. So is she.

Cranky, I have it.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Blame it all on the baby - you're carrying around a tenant rent-free and you're entitled to grumpy :-) I won't make any cute or comparing comments... just sending good juju along that you have event-free, no-stranger-belly-pats, as comfortable as possible, remaining weeks.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

You look great and healthy. I'm almost 30 weeks and it is amazing how different everyone carries. You do have a different leaner body type than I do which is why I think I look extremely wide from the side where you do look just good and pregnant. Glad to see you are doing well. I wish I have only gained 9 pounds but it's more like 20+ for me.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Yep, pregnancy is so unique, even for the same woman, its silly to compare two different women.

Only 9 pounds is pretty amazing. You'll be back to normal in no time.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't say you look cute. But you do look good and healthy.

I always hated people coming up to me and patting my belly!!

Yes, I think being cranky just goes with being PG.

Love, Mom

1:37 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

I love that ruched top. I had shitty pregnancy clothes, so I appreciate a good looking maternity garment :0) You look fabulous Bezzie :0)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I was going to tell you that you look cute, but never mind now! : ) I can't believe your 33 weeks along already!

I only gained 15 pounds with my daughter, because I had all day long nausea and vomiting for the entire 9 months, and I could hardly eat. I gained about 25 with my son, but I was still fairly thin to begin with, so I know I didn't look huge.

I worked with a lady who kept commenting on how big I was getting, and I was ready to choke her. I was already exhausted from working full time, plus being in college, and having another child to care for, so that was the last thing I wanted to hear.

Some people are just insensitve.

4:29 PM  
Blogger grandmastatus said...

Yay! Mom cubed!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I was one of those women whose entire body looked pregnant. My face looked fuller and of course, my feet grew wider (midwife told me it was the hormones that allow the pelvis to spread, works the same way on the feet). I liked being pregnant and I was 31 with my last child. And people said I was "old" then. How times have changed.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

You look great - and I'm glad you're finding it easier this time around. I'm just starting this - 11 wks along with my 1st - and I feel like I've eaten too many donuts. I hope I look as great as you do at 33 weeks! You're totally allowed to be grumpy at this point...
I hope these last few weeks go smoothly for you!!

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Age makes a huge difference, so does about every tiny thing you can imagine. If you were identical twins, knocked up the same day by identical twins you'd still manage to look different and carry differently. And everyone and their brother would still comment on it (imagine how much more so) You look great, how nice this pregnancy has been such a breeze for you! Get cranky all you can, pregnancy is a free pass for that. And have a little part of you be thankful that you're not being told how enormous you are compared to the tiny pregnant girl in the office ;-)

7:39 AM  
Blogger ChestyLove said...

People should just shut the heck up about how a pregnant woman looks. This includes other pregnant women making comments to you. It's not polite, it's not welcomed, and it's the same as saying, "HEY...I'm seeing something YOU don't! HAHAHAH!" And unless the mum is swilling bier and chain smoking, no one gets to make comments about what you eat and drink. Or how you act ("It must be the hormones..."). I always said, "I'm producing life here, dipshit...looks like all YOU'RE producing is idiocy and hot air. Step off."

What the *&@& is a "food baby"?

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home