Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Dog Tired

Sorry for the lack of posting.

I'm winding things down at work, and I'll be honest, even if I wasn't going out in a week I would still be overwhelmed with too many things to do.

It's been a lot of late hours doing menial things that for some silly reason I can't expect my replacement (the floater) to do while I'm gone.

Over the weekend though--when I wasn't having angsty work dreams/nightmares--I managed to finish something I was knitting.

I actually finished the puppy pieces for this a while ago, but this weekend I found some time to actually put him together.

002

Seriously?

I'm a cat girl by nature, but dang, this puppy is cute!

Pattern: Pile-Able Pups

Yarn: Red Heart (my go-to knitted toy yarn!)

Needles: US5

What can I say about this pattern? It's straightforward with uber-cute results.

This--and hopefully a couple more to-be-knit puppies while I'm on maternity leave--will be wending their way to the mom of the fourth Firm Baby this year. She's having a boy at the beginning of July.

I suppose I could have knit him a cute sweater or something, but with babies, you never know what size they're going to end up being when it gets cold, especially if they're born in the summer.

Plus, I think I've pretty much declared the end of 2012 the year of Mochimochi patterns!!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one cute puppy!!!

Are you making Bez 3.0 one?

Love, Mom

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

That puppy is adorable!!!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Aaw, his beady eyes are so shiny. Love him.
And I'm off cats today. There was a big pile of cat sick on our porch this morning. And we don't even have any cats!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute puppy! Love, Aunt Susan

7:49 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Very cute puppy!

And take some time to rest before that baby comes! When I was pregnant with my daughter, I worked literally up to the day she was born - my water broke at work (she was two weeks early). I had a terrible pregnancy in every sense of the word, and I really regretted not having any time off just to rest before she came.

When I was pregnant with my son, I saved up enough vacation time to take two weeks off before my due date. He ended up being a week late anyway, so I actually had three weeks off from work before he came. Having those few weeks off before he came to relax and get things done at home was great, and relieved a lot of stress.

Don't wear yourself out before that baby comes!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Rocky Moreno said...

That's just too darn cute.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Take it easy, there. Your body is working hard.

The puppy is adorable and I hope you made one for your daughter to be. That looks like it could become a favorite lovey.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love that little dog! I bet you are tired! Hang in there!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

*gasp* I LOVE it!

9:02 PM  
Blogger grandmastatus said...

So cute!!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home