Monday, March 19, 2012

Introducing...

The latest cast member of Random Meanderings--

002

But now all she needs is a good blog name.

Not much to report other than she was a routine c-section. Get down all you will about how c-sections are evil and not really the way to give birth, but there's a lot to be said for the delightful knowledge of knowing exactly when your kid will be born.

The only downside is the lonnnng hospital time you end up spending. Now that I've given birth in two states, I will state that I enjoyed doing it in Michigan more. At the hospital I had Chunky at they have you up and moving asap. Here? Not so much. You're bedridden for a good 24 hours solid.

Lame.

In Michigan they would let you walk the halls with your baby in it's bassinet as long as you stayed within the maternity ward.

New Jersey? I couldn't even tell you what the inside of the maternity ward outside my room looked like!

But despite all that, after having her on Thursday at 12:28 p.m. we got to leave the hospital on Saturday at 3:00 p.m.-ish. WOO HOO!

The boys are all quite smitten with their new daughter/sister.

009
Proud Daddy with his 10 minute old newborn!

boys & riley
This one is my fave. Just the look on their faces--ha ha!

Overall it's kind of weird having a girl.

At the hospital I kept referring to her as "him" when answering the nurses and correcting myself! And every time I open her diaper it's just so odd not to see a penis!

001

And of course it occurred to me that she looks so much like her brothers that pictures like the one above could be Moochie at the same age--except in drag!

Labels:

28 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

congrats!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Dawn said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful, and your whole family looks thrilled with her arrival.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Kathleen said...

Congratulations! Enjoy the differences a girl brings to the mix!
When I had my daughter, my almost 3-year old asked, as I changed her diaper, "When she gets older, will her penis grow?" I had to explain she was a different model!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Cindy in (un) Happy Valley said...

She's gorgeous. Mooch in drag or no! Congratulations! Get some sleep!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Congratulations :) and good job in breaking out in 48 hours! I love me a scheduled section ;) I wish you many pink and purple knits if that's your thing, and many differently bright colored knits if it's not!

9:51 AM  
Blogger grandmastatus said...

Awwww Congratulations!
Also I have to share a penis story:
Me and my SIL had our kids one month apart. I had a boy, she a girl, though they were both just chubby hairless things for a good while. Then one day my SIL changed Zoe's diaper in the living room while I was sitting on the couch. The second the diaper came off I almost jumped up in shock and screamed, "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR BABY!??" Then I was like, oh wait. Right. Girl. ;)

Have fun with your new baby girl. I like how your boys are like "oh the things we will teach her..." in that picture :D

10:40 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Love, love, love, love love! Makes me a bit teary in fact. Sniffle. Congrats to you all :0) xoxo

11:07 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Congrats to the darling Bezzie newbie!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Congrats! She's adorable!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I can't wait to kiss those cheeks!!

That's funny! I had you and then your brother never got confused! But people thought we were CRAZY when we had another!!

Love, Mom

2:50 PM  
Blogger Necia said...

Congrats again Bez! You got out pretty fast for a C-section. When I went in with Treas on Saturday, I didn't get out until Tuesday, and it was loooooooooooong, so I know how you felt. And, they bother you to much in NJ. I love how you keep saying him, I straight up kept calling my lil girl, by her brother's name. For a minute there, it was seriously like dejavu. Enjoy your bundle!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous deknit said...

Aaaawww, adorable!
Congratulations!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Congrats! Thanks for sharing those pictures! She's so cute!

Can't wait to hear what blog name you pick for her :-)

6:41 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Did anyone pee their pants with the excitement of getting a sister? Hmmmm?

Oh, and thank goodness aunts send tutus! Haha!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Awww, she's adorable! The boys look absolutely thrilled, and I love that look on Moochie's face!

I think my daughter was excited about her little brother until I brought him home from the hospital, and he started waking her up at night with her crying, LOL.

Congratulations to you and Dr. M.S.!!!

9:51 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Congratulations!!! She's adorable.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous dkswife said...

Congratulations!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Congrats! She's gorgeous!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

She's just so darn cute- and looks just like her brothers!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Congratulations! I think in that second picture with Daddy she looks so much like Moochie :)

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Suzanne said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

aaaawwwwwww....beautiful. congrats to all of you.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Congratulations! When Emily was born, (vag birth), we left the hospital 12 hours later. Easier to rest at home. In Maryland, they kept us for 3 days.

The boys look happy. She's going to be one spoiled little cutie. She'll wrap them all around her little finger.

1:22 PM  
Blogger prairiegirl said...

Congratulations Bezzie! She's beautiful! I love the picture of her with her brothers! So sweet! They look so proud of her.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

So awesome! As a Mom of mostly girls (my oldest is a boy, the next four are girls ;), my advice is enjoy. It's good different ;). Congratulations to you and your family.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

Awwww Bezzie, MiniBez is beautiful!!!! ::::tears up::::

Many congratulations and hugs to all of you!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Yeah So said...

Congrats Bezzie She's gorgeous!!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Congrats! She's beautiful!!! Don't answer for those work pains!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home