Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Timeless Treasures!

With the impending arrival of Baby Bez 3.0 a few handmade lovelies have been making their way to us.

First up is an adorable hat that Melissa made for BB3.0.

006

Love it! And the best part--Melissa's about to move across country with her band o'boys. Now I've only ever done that kind of trip with 1/4 of the kids she's doing it with--so color me very humbled that she had the time to whip this up and pop it in the mail to me!!

Squeaky gives it her seal of approval too!

005

Today, the mail heralded Grandma Great's traditional blanket.

I believe she's made one for every grandkid, and now every great-grandkid.

Did I mention she's got 8 kids?

And between those 8 kids there are 20 grandkids (if my math is right!).

Of those 20 there are like two waves--the older wave that I'm a part of and the younger wave that are just becoming adults and some that are still in high school...(or thereabouts--14 cousins are hard to all keep track of!)

Anyway, the woman makes a LOT of blankies!

I absolutely love the one she made for BB3.0.

003
Cat Lover Parenting Tip Of the Day: Before your baby is born, set up your crib in advance to see if your furballs will have an affinity for sleeping in there. If they do, lay some aluminum foil in the crib to turn them off of it so by the time the baby arrives, they'll have no interest in sleeping in there.

Love, love, love the green! She included the ball band too (because she's awesome like that--and also made me realize I had forgotten to do the same on the blankie I made for my fellow March-Baby pregnant coworker!).

Plymouth Encore Sock. Dude, I didn't even KNOW Plymouth Encore came in sock weight!

This is the same style blankie she made for Chunky 10 years ago. He still sleeps with that thing and oh boy, has it seen better days!

I have no doubt that Baby Bez 3.0 won't love this one just as hard!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

Very nice! If the cats like 'em I'm sure Baby Bez 3.0 will, too!

PS. I can't wait for tomorrow's post: not-so-handmade gifts, featuring a certain aunt's very girly tutu gift..ahem...hem... haha!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I totally remember that crib toy!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Grandma's blankie is awesome and especially love that it's a tradition fo every kiddo to get one. The hat from Melissa is so sweet!!

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blankie and hat! So Chunkie still sleeps with his "Softy on the Belly"!

Why didn't you say you are Grandma's first and oldest grandkid???

Love, Mom

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice gifts....reminds me...I need to get mine in the mail to Baby Bez 3.0.

Good math skills with the grandkids.

Yep...Grandma has made alot of blankets. Same goes for you Mom & her quilts.

Love, Aunt Susan

6:36 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

A blanket in sock yarn? Now that's a prize! Love that she made green for the girl. I'm watching with interest to see if the Bez-girl gets pinkified :0)
And you are a genius with the tin-foil.
p.s. I thought of you at the weekend when I went to see Jersey Boys. Fun!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I love that blanket! It's gorgeous! Such a sweet sweet hat too. 3.0 is going to be decked out!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Cindy in (un) Happy Valley said...

Maybe BB3 will like the aluminum foil too!

When is blast off again?

10:53 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Those are lovely gifts! And Baby Bez is lucky to have both a grandma and great grandma to spoil her.

My cat would have a field day with that foil! I crumple up foil into balls for her, and she loves chasing them around the house, on the wood floors.

12:04 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I'm not sure that my cats wouldn't just play with the foil!!

And Grandma Great's blanket is gorgeous!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Your great grandma is a wonder! But what a great keepsake.

My cats were not afraid of aluminum foil. Someone told me to put foil on the large floor plants but it didn't deter the cats one bit.

One of my cats liked to sleep cuddled up next to the baby. She had no front claws and was so sweet and docile that I never worried. Some of my favorite photos are the two of them together taking a nap.

2:11 PM  
Blogger florapie said...

Gorgeous blankie! Love the old-school Fisher Price crib toy. I was thrilled to see our dr has original Little People in her waiting room, despite the choking hazard recall!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

Glad you like it! :)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home