Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 2

Today starts Week 2 of my maternity leave. Only 10 more weeks after this one! Boo!

On April 1 the firm is merging with yet another firm and they're changing the name. I swear, when I get back there, I'm not going to know anyone there!!

Ah well!

Since I've got all this time, I figure I should be blogging more.

Sadly there's not much knitting going on. In the hour and a half I have at night while the boys are in bed and before Princess Chicken Legs has to be woken up for her next feeding (I've never had a lazier kid that prefers sleeping to eating! She must take after her daddy!), I find myself dozing off.

Not very conducive to knitting something more than a square.

Even making cookies has become a longer task.

But worth it!

This week's cookie of the week are Robin Egg Pudding cookies.

Robin Egg Pudding Cookies

I freaking love Easter robin eggs! This was a great way to save me from eating the entire bag of them!

Robin Egg Pudding Cookies

Mmmm!

Recipe was taken from here.

I suppose you could make them with excess robin eggs you might have after Easter...but what fun would that be? Make them now!!!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I think a 12 week maternity leave is great! Well, at least for the U.S. Now, compared to most European countries, with their 1 year paid maternity leaves, 12 weeks isn't so great.

The cookies look tasty! I'm very impressed that you have any energy at all for knitting, blogging, and cookie baking, with a newborn baby, and two other kids at home!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are getting a blog name for that little one!

Wow! Those cookies look GOOD! My bs just went up by 100 points!!!!

Love, Mom

6:09 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Excess robin's eggs????!?!?! Not in my house....

8:04 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

The time goes way too fast! The cookies look good and I might try this for an Easter party we have to go to.

Enjoy every minute!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I have managed not to buy any robin's eggs yet. I love them, too.

"Princess Chicken Legs"? Poor kid. Maternity leave sounds like a long time but you know those weeks will fly by. And for goodness sakes, sleep! Your body needs to rest so let it rest. Naps are your friend. (as well you know)

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Those look yummy! Princess Chicken Legs! that makes me laugh- both my kids had the worst chicken legs!!

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home