Monday, April 16, 2012

Maybe Al Gore Was Right?

It's supposed to be nearly 90 degrees today. Right now, as I type this at 10:00 a.m., it is 73 degrees outside.

Did I fall asleep and wake up in July?

Nope. It's still April.

Which is why the last recipe as my tenure as Cookie Czar for Knitcircus magazine is so appropriate.

I give you Tropical Blondies.

Tropical Blondies

You can find the recipe here.

Or better yet--why not subscribe to the incarnation of Knitcircus now--their weekly newsletter chock full o'great tips, yarn, pattern, and book reviews and other great yarn-craft related goodness? Just click here and fill in the box where it says "Subscribe to our Mailing List."

I couldn't have been more prophetic when I wrote the opener for that recipe.

Guess what I did this weekend? I worked on the pot garden while I baked these sweet delicious morsels of orange-coconutty goodness.

I'm really excited about the pot garden this year.

I'll elaborate more in another post--stay tuned!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Those look good!!!

Hahahaha!!! You said POT garden!!!

Love, Mom

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

can't wait to hear about what you're growing!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Yea, we hit 87 yesterday. Too warm for April. It'll moderate by the end of the week (I hope). I'd like some rain to wash this pine tree pollen out of the air!

7:48 AM  
Blogger florapie said...

Wait-that was your last recipe? So far the Knitcircus newsletter has been lovely, but really, no more cookies?!?!?!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Those look delicious! It's just starting to get warmer here, nice and breezy too. Don't miss the muggy weather at all.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home