Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pinky Dinky Doo

I can't remember the last time I knit a pair of socks.

But everyone's favorite blog mom broke that streak.

Untitled

When we went to the super-duper brand new Joann store in the ritzy county just north of here, I, at least, was awestruck by the amount of yarn they had.

Now, it's not the primo-brand yarn you'll find at your local yarn store, but their selection of mainstream yarns at this Joann puts Michael's and AC Moore to shame.

Mom snagged a ball of Lion Brand Sock Ease in "Cotton Candy" for a pair of socks for her.

Untitled

There they are in all their unblocked glory!

This was my first time knitting with LB Sock Ease.  It appears to be comparable to Regia or Opal in sturdiness.  I like that.  My Regia and Opal socks are the ones I wear the most because they can withstand my brutal feet and my vigorous machine washing AND drying!

I didn't do any fancy schmancy pattern on these socks.

I'm still not up to my full concentration level in the knitting department. 

Even though Baby Sister puts her brothers to shame by already sleeping through the night (9 p.m. to 4 or 5 a.m.--around the time I have to get up anyway!  The boys never did that.), I'm still dozing off on the couch with my knitting by 9:45 p.m.

I hope Mom digs them--I had Chunky pop them in the mailbox on his way to one of his last days of school!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

very nice! i never get tired of plain stockinette socks.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Love them! Everyone needs some cotton candy pink socks in their life. =)

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are....JAWSOME!!!!

I can't wait to get them!! And I ordered a new pair of green shoes that will match!!!

Thank you!!!!

Love, Mom

5:48 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

So jealous. Piper still isn't sleeping through the night.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Those are really pretty. You know I have yet to complete a pair of socks. I have a serious mental block to socks.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home