Monday, June 11, 2012

A Week From Today

A week from today, I will be back at work.

My final maternity leave, ever, is about to end.  This is the last time I'll ever exercise FMLA leave for a positive purpose.

Sigh.

I've been trying to spend as much time as possible sucking up the sweet little baby vibes Baby Sister emits.

100_2075

Cuz she's just so damn cute!  And I know this will be the LAST time I'll ever have this time with a baby.  (I think I'm finally figuring out why the youngest kids can be so doted upon now...).

While she was napping a couple of weeks ago, I decided to make myself a new work-ID badge holder from this pattern.

The back:
100_2065

The front:
100_2064

Not the best photo of me.  But I was 7 months pregnant with Moochie in that photo, so I kind of like it.  And now you know I work on the fifth floor of some building on Broad Street in Newark.  Ha ha! 

My favorite part is the little pocket in the badge holder.
100_2066

A couple of bucks for the emergency soda-run at lunchtime.

Assuming I get a lunchtime that is. 

I'm a little worried as to what I face in a week.  The firm floater I trained to take my spot during my leave couldn't hack it and lasted about 7 or 8 weeks.

So they promoted her to "paralegal" and hired a temp to take my spot. 

They got one out of two things right there; they should have hired a temp to begin with.

I must go now.  I hear someone up from her nap!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

What a cute picture of Baby Sister! There's few things harder than going back to work after a maternity leave. Are you sure this is going to be the last maternity leave - you don't want to go for an even number of kids? : )

I love the ID badge holder too! And that's actually a very nice ID photo. I hate, hate, hate taking pictures. I just started a new job this week (after being laid off for a year), and my ID badge photo is horrible, and totally embarrassing, LOL! Unfortunately, the place where I'm working is very strict about employees wearing their badges all the time, so I can't keep it stashed in my purse, LOL!

Hope your return to work goes well!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

P.S. I want to work for someplace that will give me a promotion if I mess up - sounds like a good deal for that employee!

6:18 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Whoa, this youngest kid thing--is that what happened to John? Muahahaha!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

We have to wear the badges and my photo is about 10 years old. Every time they update the badges for some reason, I just keep the same photo. I don't care. I wear it because they pay me and they say Wear It.

Those weeks flew by. I loved being home with the babies. Going back to work is hard.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang that went by FAST!!! If I culd give T a "like" I would!

Your ID badge holder is nice. We had to wear ID badges with the city for a while they not only had your pic on them but your weight also!!! Everyone complained...no longer have to wear them!

Love, Mom

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Go love on that little baby sister! She's precious!

That's a great badge holder, what a good idea. You even matched it to the ID I see.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Thanks for linking! I need to make one of these. I throw my ID into my bag and its gotten so scratched up that my face is only sort of recognizable.

Sucks about your place and then not finding a competent replacement.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home