Saturday, July 14, 2012

Checking In

Annnnd...another week down!

Sunday and Monday were the Three Sister Reunion days.

On Sunday we arrived at Hershey, PA at around 11:30 a.m.  We were able to check into our hotel early (thank you Days Inn--absolutely love that chain--mostly because they're pet friendly--a nomad with cat's dream come true!) and Dr. Mad Scientist and Chunky went to hit Hershey Park.

It was Chunky's first time on roller coasters.  He had a pretty good time.  There were some coasters that shook him up more than others.  And let's just say that there's a week at the end of August where Moochie and Baby Sister will be starting daycare and Dr. Mad Scientist and Chunky have that week off before they start school.  They're already plotting to go back to Hershey.

At about 4 p.m.-ish my Oldest Little Sister rolled in with her husband.  They've been married a little over a year now and dated for who knows how long before that--and this was my first time meeting him.

He's a nice guy.  Like I told my sister, not like my opinion matters--but he gets two thumbs up from the Bez Clan.

So we had dinner and hung out hotel-poolside that evening before the whole lot of us had to go bed.  Which is interesting to do with a 4 month old, a preschooler, and a pre-teen all in one room!

The next morning at 11:00 a.m. Youngest Younger Sister rolled into town with her husband, another guy I hadn't met (and who, subsequently, also gets two thumbs up--we all obviously have good taste in men!).

And we caravan-ed over to Hershey Chocolate World.

004
Had to get my typical "leave Mom in the dust" picture of my boys.

I like the set-up they have going there.  It's a big facility and you get to pick and choose what you want to do. 

The little pseudo-tour of the Hershey chocolate factory was first, and free.

Complete with animatronic singing cows!

008

It was basically a Pirates of the Caribbean-esque ride through a fake factory. 

021
Kiss distributor!  Wait, wouldn't that also be your lips?

Next, the gang shelled out the dough for the "Make Your Own Hershey Bar" experience.

By this time it was around lunch time and Moochie had slept terribly the night before in the hotel bed.

So when we got in line, he decided to be a little crabby bastard and throw one of those textbook tantrums that only parents of preschoolers and toddlers know what I'm talking about.  The kind where you're horrified your kid is acting like such a little shit like that in public.

So while everyone else made their custom chocolate bar, me, Moochie the grump, and Baby Sister sat out.

Hershey

After that, we grabbed lunch and decided to hang out at a local playground.

Cocoa Castle.

Coolest.playground.evah!

It's a giant wood playground with the occasional weird painting on it and real metal slides!  So vintage!

035

We also got some good pics while hanging at the playground, trying not to melt.

032

That's Oldest Younger Sister on the left and Youngest Younger Sister in the middle.  She's pregnant (due with a boy a little before Chunky's birthday)--not chubby, like me!  Ha ha!

036

037

038

After the playground, we hit a local ice cream parlor for some ice cream before dinner!

Hershey 2

And then 5:00 p.m. rolled around and we had to hit the road to get back home as I had to work on Tuesday.

It was a great, but fast, visit with my sisters.  This was the first time since Dr. Mad Scientist and I had been married in 1999 that all three of us had been in the same place at once. 

And I was really glad to meet their husbands--finally! 

Now that my Mom's, Dr. Mad Scientist's Mom, and the Sister Reunion are over, we're trying to get into a groove again.  Hopefully this means more regular blogging!









Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Alisha said...

That is so sweet! Beautiful photo of the three of you.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

So awesome that you were all able to get together. I can't imagine how hard it is not to see them for so long. I have 3 sisters, but they're all right over the goethals, so I see them all the time. Hershey is fun, isn;t it? We went 2 years ago and definitely want to go back!

Moochie's face is priceless in that ice cream pic!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

I have three sisters as well - two older and one younger (also two older brothers). My sisters all live in the area, but I'm really only close relationship wise to my youngest sister. We don't see each other than often anymore, since she got married and moved across town, but we talk and email regularly. You and your sisters look just alike!

I've never been to Hershey, but would love to take my kids there one day.

3:18 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i've been to Hershey's chocolate world twice for some odd reason, both times as an adult. don't ask me why.

looks like you had a great visit with your sisters.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

It's nice when newly added family members fit in and become just like "one of us". My girls have chosen young men that I like and that fit in with all our craziness. It makes life easier.

You used to be able to do those 'make your own candy bar' things at IT'S SUGAR on the AC boardwalk.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

That photo of him, head down....omg, I know it was a tantrum, but how cute?!?!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Cindy in (un) Happy Valley said...

If that's the park with the gazebo, I love that park. They used to have jazz every Friday night.

2:22 PM  
Blogger The Soapy Knitter said...

You guys had LOTS of fun the past few weeks! Love all the family pix. Your sisters and you look soooo much alike. WOW!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

I only have brothers...and I want to say I only met my SIL for the first time at her wedding...I was living out of country then. Knowing my baby bro, I'll probably not meet his SO until theirs...such is life.

If only this didn't sound so creepy...but I'd love to frame Moochie's "LIFE IS SO HARD" picture. It is adorable and and "shows" the bad time had by him...(and you...)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home