Monday, July 23, 2012

Is Your Mama a Llama?

Or an alpaca perhaps?

Chris, Jen and I met up on Sunday afternoon at Woods Edge Wools Farm.

They were having an "open house" of sorts where they invited knitters, crocheters and spinners to hang on their porch, drink wine and iced tea and knit or spin.  

I brought Baby Sister with me to hang as well.

Untitled

She's really into printed fabric right now.  She likes to try and grab things that are printed on fabric--and the flowers on Chris's shirt were no exception!

Near the store's porch was the alpaca barn.

Untitled

There were a variety of adult alpacas and baby alpacas that ranged in age from a week or so old to a couple of days old.

They were adorable!

baby alpaca!

This little guy/gal came trotting pretty close to us!

Before he/she scampered away!

Untitled

We also had to check out the llamas.

smirking llama

This one reminds me of Dr. Mad Scientist--it was a smirker! 

Baby Sister was pretty interested in the llamas.

photo

They had a herd of yaks there too--but they were camera-shy.

It was a great time hanging and catching up with Chris and Jen! 

Of course, the only downside to bringing Baby Sister with me was that in my rush to get out the door--I forgot my knitting!  Ah well! 

Next time!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure Riley is going after the flowers on Chris's shirt? Looks to me like she is saying "Hay other people have these things that Mommy has!"

Look on the brite side by forgetting your knitting you were able to take some great pictures!!!

Love, Mom

11:49 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

aww, so cute!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I'm with Mom, Baby Sister looks like she's admiring the breasts!

Some of the local alpaca farmers have "alpaca fest" days and you can buy large bags of alpaca to spin for very reasonable (cheap) prices. The catch is that it's unprepared and needs washing and carding and all of that.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I'm pretty sure I own the same shirt Chris is wearing, LOL! Baby Sis knows a good shirt when she sees one.

Looks like you guys had fun. I'm ashamed to say i've never sen a llama in person. With all the yarn I own, you'd think I'd make that a priority.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Ooh what fun! And so cute.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, the baby alpaca is too freaking cute! Looks like you had fun. :)

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

My dad had llamas for a while, they've got so much personality!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home