Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summertime

It seems like summer is generally a quiet time around the blog-o-verse, right?

That's what I'm going with.

I've been busy working (blah!), chilling with my kiddies, and of course (as much as I HATE the hot summer weather) enjoying the fruits of the old Pot Garden.

Untitled

Last weekend I made my first ever jar of fridge-pickles.

Untitled

YUM!  I think I'll let them ferment a bit longer than three days though before I stick them in the fridge next time.

And, although these weren't from my garden, I made a delicious batch of blueberry ice cream using some local blueberries.

Untitled

I would probably double the recipe next time--I only made 1/2 a quart.  Not nearly enough!

How have you been whiling away your summer?  (Or winter I suppose if you're reading this from the other side of the equator...)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have your Flamingoes been keeping critters away?

I think that you need to update something here cause the pictures are only coming in half way. Might be my computer.

Love, Mom

5:39 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Your garden looks awesome! You can make ice cream without an ice cream maker?

Summer here is busy as ever and we've been running around. Squeezed in some water park fun though.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home