Friday, September 14, 2012

I'm Baaa-ck.

For a bit anyway.  Life has been hectic.

I kept thinking "Once school starts things will slow down..."

But between working late, football practices and games and the other household stuff I have to do every weekend, blogging has taken a backburner.

Last weekend was especially hectic.  But I managed to escape for a few hours with my buds Chris and Jen to check out the New Jersey Sheep and Fiber Festival in Ringoes, NJ.

Ringoes is the part of New Jersey you didn't think existed.  Beautiful farms and farmstands, and, well strip malls, everywhere. 

It reminds me of home, but with less mountains. 

Untitled

Anyway--this fiber festival isn't as ginormous as Rhinebeck or even MDS&W but it's still a good time.

Untitled

Lots of great sheep and goats and llamas and alpacas--oh my!

Untitled

My favorite was, because it's an election year, the Romney*.

Untitled

I'll be honest though, I reaaaalllly hate spinning Romney fleece.  Probably as much as I hate that greasy used-car-salesman-come-presidential-candidate.  Ha ha!

My haul was modest--one skein of yarn and some vintage buttons from this lady whose booth we discovered late in the day.  I honestly could have spent all day poring through her buttons!

Untitled

And believe it or not--that yarn has already turned into an FO!

I'll save what it became for another blog post, when I have the time and energy to post again!


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those buttons are really FUNNY!!

I think I have some of them!!!

Love, Mom

12:38 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

How far away is that festival? My friends and I have thought about going before, but it always seemes to happen when we have other things planned.

6:19 AM  
Blogger janna said...

I knew a girl from New Jersey and she claimed that where she was from was green and rural and beautiful, so maybe she was from around Ringoes!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I see we think alike about that certain presidential candidate, LOL!

Glad you and the kids are doing well, Bezzie! My daughter started high school this year (I feel OLD!) and with it freshman girls' volleyball. And wow, who would have known being on a sports team could be so time consuming, for the parents?!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

We were there early (due to daughter's work schedule). I like the NJ show.

When I was in high school and was in the marching band, I know my parents didn't come and watch our performances. It was MY thing, not theirs. Funny how things have changed. I went to most every soccer, field hockey, band/chorus performance. Many many hours spent sitting on bleachers or in chairs on the sideline.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Ooooo! I've never made it to a fiber festival. I think it's just too hot down here for those.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home