Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fire Up Your Ovens!

This weekend/next week I'll be putting my oven into overdrive doing my holiday baking.

This year I'll bake small offerings of cookies for Chunky's after-care counselors and for Moochie and Baby Sister's daycare teachers. 

And of course there's the after-Christmas bake-a-palooza that I do for Dr. Mad Scientist's New Year's Eve Alk a Thon (24 hours of AA meetings).  I love that my cookies have an anonymous cult following with the recovering--ha ha!

100_7179

I haven't finalized my final cookie list though.

If you're like me maybe you could use a little inspiration, might I suggest the Knitcircus Cookie E-book?

It's free! Officially Knitcircus might be gone (although you can check out what editor Jaala has been up to in the meantime here) but you can at least still enjoy some cookie crumbs!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

I asked my husband which cookies he'd like this year and he said "all of them". So, even with the kitchen being in the middle of a construction zone, I will be baking cookies. I don't mind really and having a three day weekend right before Christmas is priceless. I don't think I'll be in shape to do any baking before then. It's time to make the list.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is what I am going to be doing here soon. But I don't think that I will be doing very many cause there is not that many up here to eat them.

Love, Mom

7:43 AM  
Blogger florapie said...

Yay! It's been fixed with the rest of the macaron instructions! Seriously, you've inspired me to tackle something that scary looking. And the rugelach look pretty amazing too!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Yorkie said...

I made a batch of those PB Blossoms the other day because it's what you do this time of year, and hubby was all, "Why'd you make them??" I said, "Because it's Christmas, Scrooge..." and he was all, "*mumblegrumblegrouse*" Next day he says, "Oh, can I take those Hershey kiss thingies to work? We're having a luncheon..." and I said, "Of course you may...hope everyone enjoys them" but inside my head it was the I Told You So Theme Song mixed with the Who's The Baker?? THAT'S RIGHT, IT'S ME, SUCKAS! dance

10:12 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

We have made the pb blossoms. We love them.

You are queen of cookies. I love reading about your cookie adventures.

You have inspired me to bake today!!!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

I'm finally catching up on blog reading! Thanks for the link to cookie recipes!!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home