Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Live In the Now!

Each Christmas season I seem to go on the hunt for another decoration that I remember from my childhood.

The first year I bought an Empire Santa blowmold lamp like my Mom had (has!)

Untitled
Last year, I actually found an inflatable Santa.  He's not quite the same as what we had at home (he's got a pack on his back), but he's pretty darn close.


Untitled
I feel like a kid again every time I blow Santa (up)!

And this year I found these for less than $10.

Untitled

Ha ha!  Guess what I'll be making this weekend when I should be making Christmas presents? 

I can only think of one more prominent Christmas decoration from my childhood--it was this plastic Santa head that was embossed and you hung it on the wall.  Kind of like those Halloween masks from the 80s, but not quite.  It was larger and well, wasn't a mask.

I remember my Old Man trying to trick me into thinking Santa would wink when I wasn't looking.  Ha ha!


Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reliving your childhood are you?
Hahahahaha!!!
Love, Mom

12:05 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

We did that last bit as a craft in elementary/middle school...I think I had a gingerbread man...Now I'm wondering if that has survived in a box somewhere at my mom's house :).

6:25 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

We have a few things that are from our childhoods that make me smile all over each time I take them out. This year I need more lights. You can never have too many lights!

7:06 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

is it weird that i find all of those things kind of terrifying? especially the inflatable santa.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home