Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Oink!

I believe it was knottygnome who posted a cute little stuffed animal pin on Pinterest from some Japanese craft site a few months back.

I "liked" the pin and later went back and repinned it to my own boards.

I decided to make it for Baby Sister for Christmas.

The "tradition" of making something one each for the kids is something my mother did for us. I never intentionally set out to do it for my kids, it just kind of happens.

So this year Baby Sister will get this stuffed pig--and the boys will get the flannel jammie pants I have been promising to make them since LAST Christmas. Ha ha!

Untitled

This isn't quite exactly like the Japanese craft site pin piggy. But it's close.

My favorite part?

My mother uses old fabric/batting to pack her packages the way some people use foam peanuts/newspaper/plastic bags. The fleece this piggy is made from is the fleece she included as packing material in her box of Christmas presents to us.

Ha ha!

My only regret is I didn't make him a curly little tail. But I'm running short on time this season and I HAVE to make those boys their pants!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Love it!I am giggling a bit though because sometimes she looks kinda angry with the way the flower stem is over her eye.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! So THAT is what you do with the packing that I send!! I thought I had some of that fabric!

Love, Mom

6:34 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I have always given my kids something I have made, too. The last few years, everyone got socks (I had to start way back in july or august for that) but this year, I just didn't have the time with all the mess in the house. I think I'll try to send them each a pair randomly next year with a christmas message. I like handmade gifts.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home