Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Resolve

I'm really not one for New Year's Resolutions.

So this year I'm putting forth into the cybersphere via this blog my Year's To Do List.

1. Help Chunky organize the craphole that has become his bedroom.

Untitled

Yikes. I'd like to be able to get in here and vacuum again. This is going to require some strategies. First we have to get rid of that ridonkulous TV. The stand it sits on is falling apart and, more importantly, he never watches it. This will require some crafty freecycling and/or craigslisting. Or maybe we'll just put it in the garage and the next time the plumbing backs up, we'll have a reason to get rid of it.

I also want to create some kind of storage system for his arsenal of nerf guns. Hmmm...

2. Pot Gardening.

100_1883

I feel like last year I didn't put much effort into the Pot Garden. This was partly due to the birth of Baby Sister. I'd like to try some new "crops" this year.

3. Preserving.

Untitled

I'm toying with the idea of investing in a pressure canner. After Hurricane Sandy and losing power for 6 days, I could have canned the hundreds of dollars in salmon, halibut and snapper that was in our freezer and didn't make it.

4. Worming.

I'm also toying with the idea of starting to vermicompost. Best part? Moochie is DEATHLY afraid of worms. Not sure where that phobia came from. Ha ha!

5. Fermenting.

I'd love to start dabbling in making sauerkraut and derivations thereof. Cabbage. I can't get enough of it.

So stay tuned. Maybe the things on this to-do list will get done, maybe they won't. I've got 364 days to work on it!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

I'm going to steal that garden gnome!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I don't do resolutions either but one of my goals is also to have a bit of a garden this year. We'll see how that works!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well my thinking of doing this year is moving my bedroom up from downstairs and ALL my quilting down! We'll see!

Love, Mom

7:45 AM  
Blogger Yorkie said...

I'm with you on the vermicompost...have been looking into that myself.

And hubs is on Day 3 of cleaning Max's room. Yup.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

psbothI LOVE fermenting! If you want the kick in the pants to get you started (and excited) about fermenting, check out Sandor Katz's book "Wild Fermenting". You'll want to ferment everything that comes into your kitchen ... I'm still trying to decide whether or not to ferment apples into sauerkraut. Hmmm ... ; ).

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home