Thursday, February 28, 2013

What's Up?

Chicken Butt!

Perhaps I taught that schpiel to Moochie and now it's all I hear. Worth it.

Not much going on in this corner of the world lately. But I thought I would pop in at least and give an update. This blog isn't completely dead...yet.

In the knitting department, I'm trudging away at another Little Sister Dress for Baby Sister. This one is in the 12 month size and I'm doing it out of some Lion Brand Microspun I picked up in 2011 at the Lion Brand Outlet store here in fabulous Jersey. I'm getting kind of sick of knitting it. But I'm determined to trudge through.

I want to knit Baby Sister a Spring Garden Tee out of some of that cotton I picked up with Chris and Jen at the Superbowl Sale.

I also have some sewing I want to do for her--for spring and for winter.

Perhaps I splurged on a few yards of this knit fabric. I'm envisioning Mother-Daughter Cheeseball Christmas Sweater T-Shirts next Christmas! Ha ha!

Speaking of sewing, I did do a little earlier this month.

My cousin posted a picture of these cute kitty bags that someone was sewing and selling on etsy.

I was bad and knocked it off.

65224_10200359902658247_1112945799_n

But is it really bad to make something for yourself that you are capable of making? I won't be selling them, in fact I'm not making this again. It was a huge pain the rear to make! But it is cute and a decent attempt at sewing a satin lined bag. (His insides are pink satin ha ha!)

And speaking of Baby Sister--can you believe in a mere 14 days she's going to be a year old?

What happened to my baby?!?!

734909_10200422727668833_1437730398_n

Oh, that's right, she broke into the bathroom and unrolled all my toilet paper!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger janna said...

I love that reindeer print fabric! Simultaneously cheesy and adorable!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to make Baby Sister wear something cheesy!! And to top it off to match YOU!! Oh! the disgrace of it ALL!!

Knit her the TEE and be nice!!

Love, Mom ;)

12:21 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

that kitty bag is adorable! love the pink zipper mouth

9:58 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

I bought my oldest all sorts of toys when he was a babe. His favourite thing? Pulling all the tissues out of the box! So yeah, the smalls love the tissue paper ;0)
LOVE, love, love the christmas fabric. Please don't let your blog die before you make the matching tees. In fact, don't let it die at all.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

It's not bad to make something for yourself. I am a master of the deconstruction. Ask one of my daughters and she'll tell you one of the most often heard phrases around here is "I can make that myself". Think of it as a survival skill.

I need to get my sewing machine to the repair shop. I have a daughter getting married in September who may/may not want to make her wedding dress (by that she means I will make it and she will model).

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home