Monday, March 25, 2013

Second FO of the Year

And it's PINK!  Again.

I'm not really a pink fan, but I am a sucker for this dark pink/electric-y magenta color.

Untitled

Cute, no?

The details:

Pattern:  Spring Garden Tee

Yarn:  Elsebeth Lavold Cool Wool (50% wool/50% cotton)

Needles:  US7

This was a great pattern.  Top down--my favorite.  I really enjoyed the way it came together.  The neck is knit back and forth for quite a while before being joined in the round.  The little ruffly lace sleeves are a nice touch to break up the monotony that can sometimes be an issue with stockinette sweaters.

The only problem?  I knit a size "2" thinking it would fit her since, well, she's 1 years old--and normally size 12 clothing (at least commercial) never fits a baby (at least my chunky monkey children) that is of that age.  It's usually too small.  Stupid me.  Commercial and handmade are obviously different!

So this sweater will probably not fit her until NEXT spring.

Untitled

Now the question becomes, will I be able to remember to take pictures of her in it next year?

And speaking of pictures--during Baby Sister's birthday "party" my point and shoot camera's flash decided to go belly up.  So now I'm in the market for a moderately priced point-and-shoot camera.

Cell phone cameras are nice for stuff on the go, but I'd like something a bit more real.  So hit me with your favorite point-and-shoot suggestions! 

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Discoknits said...

Pretty shirt, especially the sleeves. Love the green with pink :0)
No advice on cameras. Mine was stolen last year and I've been using the cellphone ever since :0(

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute little shirt. Can't wait to see Baby Sister in it.

Wish I knew you needed a camera I have Grandma's here it just needs a new memory card.

Love, Mom

12:29 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

It looks like Baby Sister could wear that as a dress. It's a gorgeous color. You know you're going to have a daughter who loves all things pink and girly, right?

As for a camera, I have a small Nikon digital. It takes good photos, is small enough to carry around and is easy to hook up to the computer.

7:04 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Cute! I love the color! I have an old Canon and a newer Nikon, but use my phone almost all the time anymore...

9:06 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Super cute! Anything pink gets my vote! : )

I second the Nikon camera suggestion. I had a Nikon Cool Pix camera that I loved. Unfortunately it broke after being dropped too many times. : (

I got a Sony Cyber Shot after that, and I didn't like it nearly as much. That one ended up breaking too, after my daughter dropped it - sigh... So now I'll be needing a new camera, too.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home