Sunday, March 10, 2013

Six More Weeks of Winter, Or a Month and a Half Until Spring

On February 2nd, Baby Sister saw her shadow.

rileyhog

I wish I could made that up. Best.photo.ever. It was truly Groundhog Day when I snapped that.

Despite my sweet little land beaver's prediction, and as much as I hate what comes after spring, I've been busy making a couple of things for Baby Sister.

Behold--the first FO of 2013!

Untitled

It's a VERY pink Little Sister Dress.

This time I did it out of some Lion Brand Microspun I picked up from the LB Outlet store in Carlstadt, NJ. That place is totally worth visiting if you ever find yourself in the very industrial part of northern New Jersey.

This time I skipped the button closure and went with a ribbon tie closure.

Untitled

We'll see how that holds up. Hmmm.

Next up is adventures in sewing.

Untitled

This is an Amelia Dress from some knit fabric I bought when I bought that reindeer sweater knit.

I don't have much experience in sewing with knit fabric, but I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out. I'm not sure what's up with the sleeves though. They didn't give much extra for a lot of ruffle.

But that's fine. While I can still dress her, we'll go light on the ruffles.

Once the weather warms up a bit, I'll have to post pics (if I can get her to sit still! She just learned to walk this week and is all over the place!)of Baby Sister modeling her new dresses.

Can you believe she's almost 1 already? Sob!

And speaking of #1...

Untitled

Guess whose basketball team completed the season undefeated?

I don't know jack squat about the rules of basketball, but I love watching Chunky and these guys play. They had some snags along the way and crap they still need to work on, but they did a great job!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Discoknits said...

Is it my imagination, or is Chunky as tall as the full-grown lady behind him in that photo? Go on, tell us, is he taller than you now? I don't have long to go, I know that :0(

Baby sister will be so darn cute in her dresses. And walking already! Gah, it went so fast.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Baby Sister will look really cute in her dresses!

I think it is funny how you have taken after your Mom!!

Love, Mom

12:44 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Look how tall Chunky is! Did he like basketball?

This DST think is kicking my ass this morning and I want to fall asleep here at my desk.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home