Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Final Outcome

Since the votes are pretty much split 50/50 for Woodland vs. Pips, I left the decision to Moochie.

He picked Pips.

It's not my best work, but I think she'll look cute in it.

Emma Dress

This was a decent pattern.  I would NOT recommend it to a newbie sewer, however.  There were a few things she omitted to mention, one of the pattern pieces was mislabeled (said to cut on a fold when you didn't need to), and pieces to be cut out that you had no idea about until mid-tutorial.  That was kind of annoying.  And apparently the closure is supposed to be assymetrical--which I found irritating and made for the front bodice pieces to be off a bit.

But, it's a free pattern, so really, how can I complain? 

Putting out tutorials on how to sew and make stuff isn't easy work. 

I did modify the pattern by not doing the rick rack, the contrasting hem (because I didn't have enough of a contrasting fabric) and I didn't gather the sleeves to make them fitted.  

I'll try to get some pictures of Little Miss Baby Sister wearing this this week.  She's got some gray and some red leggings that would look cute underneath this. 


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Baby Sister in her dress!

Love, Mom

9:00 AM  
Blogger florapie said...

My three year old, who wandered over to try to boot me off the computer so she could play Disney games, said "Oh that is a really cute dress!" as soon as she saw it :)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

What a cute dress. Kids clothes are fun to make 'cause they're small and don't take much time.

Wait till Baby Sister wants a Prom Dress.....(although I will admit it was fun to play with the fancy fabrics)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

A-Dorable!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home