Thursday, November 07, 2013

Farewell My Silver Cloud

The inspector for the adjuster came today.  It's official:  the car is totaled.

She was the first car we ever bought as a couple.

I got it for a steal at the dealership.  He made me swear not to tell anyone the deal I was getting, and I can't tell you how I got that deal--no, it wasn't dirty!--but I think it's safe to say that I got a great deal now...ha ha!

We drove all over Michigan in this car.

I got into some hairy situations with this car (doing a double donut on some black ice on a 90 degree curve in a road and ending up perfectly situated in a nearby business's driveway without hitting any other cars, people or property comes to mind).

We drove this car from Michigan to Texas and from Texas to New Jersey (she's had three sets of different plates!)

We brought home two babies in this car.

My friends would see silver Buick Centuries driving around town and tell me they thought they saw me driving around--but then realized it was actually an old lady driving a Buick Century--not me!

As silly as it sounds, I will miss this car.  She became Dr. Mad Scientist's car after his 1996 Mazda Protege had too many fixes to make fixing it worthwhile, and we bought the Momzda (Mazda CX-9) that I drive.

car

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

I had to give up my first new-to-me car about a year ago and I acutally had tears in my eyes. I'd had that car for 18 years (a long time) and I loved it.

We've gotten by with one car for a few years now and it's been easier than I thought (but then we both work in the city and can commute together).

I'm sorry for your loss.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home