Thursday, November 14, 2013

Multi Media

It's close to Christmas.

You know what that means.  Handmade Christmas!

Of course with the 99% chance we'll be going to Alaska for Christmas, it means gifts have to be quick.

Did I ever mention that during my blogging hiatus crocheting finally clicked with me?

My dear Jersey friend Chris patiently taught me the basic stitches one summer afternoon a few years ago.  I think when Mooch was an infant.  Although I got those stitches down, reading patterns still eluded me.  This past year I figured out how to do a granny square (those corners!  I couldn't figure them out!).  And I was able to start reading crochet patterns.

But not very hard patterns.  Like the Dick and Jane of crochet patterns!

All that said, I'm creating a Christmas present that isn't 100% crochet.  There's a bit of quilting in it too.  Another one of my Dick and Jane crafts.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

I learned to crochet before I learned to knit so it always seems strange to me when someone has trouble with it. (I was a kid when I learned and you know how kids are, they soak up new things so easily)

I think I'm going to pass on the handknit things this year. I just don't feel like knitting gifts for everyone. And the fact that Christmas is only about 6 weeks away is a good reason, too.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Oh, I think I know what you're making. Can't wait to see it. I do like a bit of crochet too, but like you, only of the simple granny square variety. Turns out there are tons of granny square patterns so that's cool!

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home