Sunday, November 03, 2013

Sundays in Fall

Are for football.

No, not NFL.  For Chunky's team--the Junior Bengals.

A year ago today, he and his teammates were elated; they had won their first game of the season.  It was also their last game of the season.  They ended last year with a 1-7 record.

Today? 

Today was their last game of the season. 
Their record?  7-1.

Our first playoff game is next week.  Considering they won one game last season, three games the season before that (Chunky set me straight on that stat), and no games the year before that, this is huge for these boys.

Yes, I'm a little sad that Chunky is on the sideline with a broken arm, but I'm proud he was part of the team that got this far. 

I was an anti social, unathletic kid who wore the opposing team's colors on spirit days (such a contrarian!), so it's a new experience for me to have a kid who is the complete opposite. 

Next week's game will be a challenge, but it's all icing on an incredibly amazing season even if they lose.

Sideline picture courtesy of Chunky.

 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy in (un) Happy Valley said...

Welcome back. You've been missed. Would you be surprised to hear that I misread the name of Chunky's team as the Junior Bagels? What a creative name, I thought. What a long day it's been.......

5:19 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

How sad that he has to sit out the playoffs (but I love the hot pink cast!)

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home