Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Bummer Tour

On Tuesday we learned that Dr. Mad Scientist's mom has a brain tumor.

As the week went on, we learned more.

It's inoperable.

It's malignant.

It's aggressive.

She'll have a biopsy on Friday to learn how long she has and if it can be treated to help prolong her life a little. 

We've been lucky that she's been a big part of our kids' lives even though we live so far away.

Thus our trip over Christmas to Alaska.  We want our kids to see Grandma one more time.  I'm excited and devastated all at the same time.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger ccr in MA said...

I'm so, so sorry

8:31 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Although I am happy you get to be in your beloved Alaska for the holidays, I am so sorry about your MIL!

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I am excited about seeing you all!!

But not about your MIL. We will keep her in our prayers.

Love, Mom

10:55 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh Bez, I'm so sorry. What a shit week, huh? I'm glad you'll be able to get home to spend time with her and I'll be keeping her and your family in my prayers.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

That is such sad news :0( Prayers for your MIL, DrMS and your whole family.
xo

4:44 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

:( I'm so very sorry to hear this. It'll be a bittersweet trip, but hopefully full of fabulous memories.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Cindy in (un) Happy Valley said...

I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could say or do...I got nothin'. Just know that you and all your family are in my prayers.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Bez, I'm so sorry :(

7:47 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Healing and peaceful thoughts and prayers sent for you and yours.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I was all excited that you were going home for the holidays but I am so saddened by the reason. Major mojo headed your way to help with the upcoming months.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Oh, dear... I am so so sorry. I hope you have as peaceful a holiday as you can... sending good thoughts.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Bezzie, I am sorry to read this. Sending you all the strength you will need during such a tough time xx

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home